Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Mark

You know that thing about how 90% of success is showing up? I thought about that as I hustled to Pilates class the other day. On my way to showing up,the way I do every week.

On my way to showing up, exactly three minutes late.

About 20 minutes before class, the bargaining starts. I know its time to go. A voice whispers to me about one more phone call, or an email. Or maybe the voice just tells me to stare out the window. I obey that voice. 7 minutes later, I'll be flying out the door, still deluding myself that I won't be late. Again.

"How can I always miss the mark?", I wondered. Until I saw that I was right on target. Every time. Precisely, predictably 3 minutes late. I just hadn't seen where my real mark is.

My real mark isn't failure. But it sure isn't success, either.

Time to move the mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment