Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Pumpkins

This week-end, I did a two-hour workshop at the wonderful Wabi-Sabi, the goal of which was to create a felted pumpkin. Something just for fun. A little harvest themed bit of "me time."

The instructor showed the three of us how to wrap our wool to make the pumpkin shape. It was all very herbal tea and hand-knitted sweaters. Not one of the six women I encountered that morning wore an ounce of make-up.

I was pretty sure I'd be able to finish my pumpkin first, once I worked out a hold for the form that allowed me pierce the thing faster. I moved on, before anyone else, to the gussets and stem. Unlike the others, I fashioned my leaves without resorting to cutting. Everyone oohh'd and aaah'd my final product, as they continued to finish their own.

Of course, I concealed the ridiculous amount of pleasure this gave me.

I have a problem.

I'm working on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment