Monday, January 17, 2011

Anything really worth doing is worth doing half-assed

I know, I know. You'd rather write a good novel. A nobel prize winner or a GG, a least. Me too.

I can't tell you how to do that.

I can tell you how to write a bad novel. There's no fame in it, or cash. Sure beats sudoku, though.

Think of all the things you do, but not so well. Your dinner last night - was it gourmet? Your ride to work - a ferrari? Does your job come with an oval office? Is your work-out preparing you for the Olympics? (If the answer to any of the last three is yes, please make my day by commenting).

I'm not even going to bother to ask about the quality of the sex you had last night, or whether it involved a partner.

Here's the point - adequacy is often compatible with fulfillment. A bad (but written) novel is way more satisfying than an unstarted one.

So stand-by. I'll be revealing all my literary secrets, and welcoming you to share yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment