Thursday, January 27, 2011

Not enough

Not enough time today.

That phrase plays in my mind most evenings. Not enough time to write. What I really mean is perfect time, of course.

Not enough peaceful, uninterrupted time, during which I'm wide awake.

What's too little? A half an hour? Fifteen minutes? Isn't something better than nothing at all?

Not always, at least for me. I have kept personal promises to write daily, even when it meant weeks of writing for less than half an hour at a shot. The result? A lot of fragmented bits, most of which were crap.

I can resign myself to writing a bad novel. I won't write a crap one.

I'm not winning this battle. I think I need to leave the house at least 2 nights a week and write for a few hours.

Which means commitment.

Or I can just keep blaming my lack of progress on not enough time. Funny, that was an appealing option until I admitted it was what I was doing.

Which happened just now.

No comments:

Post a Comment